- 1.5 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 3 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 15 Gallon Conventional Units
- Cost effective, UV resistant, high build coating solution
- Excellent gloss retention
- Low viscosity for easy application
- Water-Clear formulation for no color distortion over decorative finishes
- Bag-PakTM packaging on 1.5 and 3 gallon kit sizes
- Can be tinted using Series 300 Colorants
- High solids epoxy formulation
- Excellent carrier for metallic floor coating systems
CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is a high solids epoxy coating that exhibits superior clarity and gloss retention under UV exposure when compared with standard epoxy coatings. CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is a WATER CLEAR, 2-component, very low odor epoxy designed to protect decorative floor and walls systems from premature yellowing and loss of gloss due to moderate levels of UV exposure. CHEM-ROCK LV-UV exhibits very good abrasion resistance, resistance to most common chemicals and meets all USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is an excellent CLEAR topcoat for most ROCK-TRED floor and wall coating systems. CHEM-ROCK LV-UV provides a high build, easy flowing, cost-effective, UV resistant coating solution for use in indoor areas exposed to “moderate” levels of UV such as garages, offices or production areas with many windows. As a low viscosity coating CHEM-ROCK LV-UV makes an excellent neat coating, or “seed” coat to accept broadcast media, or carrier for metallic systems or a grout and finish coat over aggregate or flake filled systems.
CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is typically applied between 8-16 mils depending upon substrate and project requirements.
|Volume mix ratio||2:1 (Resin to Hardener)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||350 - 550 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||84% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||50 - 65 (Shore D)|
|Application Temps.||60° – 85° F|
|Gel Time||40 - 60 minutes @ 75° F|
|Dry to Touch (recoat with compatible products)||4 - 7 hours @ 75° F|
|Through Cure||7 - 10 hours @ 75° F|
|Open for light traffic||24 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
|VOC||Compliant with all US Regulations|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors or outdoors when temperature will fall within 5 degrees F of dew point during application or cure.
- Do not allow to puddle during application.
- Allow each coat to dry to 'tack-free' or clear prior to re-coat
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- Will achieve good adhesion directly to prepared concrete.
- CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is much more resistant to UV exposure than standard epoxy but will be affected under long-term UV exposure. CHEM-ROCK UV is not recommended as an exterior coating.
- Do not apply when air/surface temp will be below 60° F during application or curing, or when temperatures are expected to rapidly decline during curing.
- Mixing partial kits is not recommended. CHEMROCK UV Bag-PakTM units are filled with exact amounts of Resin and Hardener calibrated for optimum product performance.
Apply using brush, roller and squeegee. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-ROCK LV-UV is manufactured in WATER CLEAR Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris and curing compounds. Make certain that concrete is property dried and prepared before applying ROCK-TRED materials. Concrete substrates should be treated with the Rock-Block System when moisture testing per ASTM F2170 shows results over 80% RH. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible test to determine adhesion to the existing material. Mechanical preparation by means of shot-blasting or diamond grinding to a ICRI CSP 2/3/5 is the recommended preparation method (see ICRI Guideline No. 03732 for more information). If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Errors due to incorrect mixing in the field and/or failure to test concrete substrate for potential moisture related issues voids product warranty.