- 1.5 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 3 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 15 Gallon Unit in three 5 gallon pails
- 165 Gallon Bulk Unit in three 55 gallon drums
- Reformulated in 2015 for better flow, leveling and clarity
- Hard and durable, high gloss industrial finish coating
- Cures down to 45°F and cures rapidly above 55°F
- VOC compliant throughout U.S. and low odor
- Good abrasion and chemical resistance
- Excellent gloss retention and above average color stability
CHEM-ROCK LT-45 is a high solids, low odor, clear (light straw color), 2 component 80% solids epoxy coating formulated for application at lower temperatures or as a fast curing product when applied above 55°F. CHEM-ROCK LT-45 has good resistance to most common chemicals, is VOC/HAPS compliant and meets USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally-inspected facilities.
CHEM-ROCK LT-45 can be applied at temperatures down to 45°F or can be used as a FAST CURE epoxy coating at higher ambient /surface temperatures. It can be applied as a fast curing primer, as an aggregate filled self-leveling coat, as a broadcast coat or as a solid color industrial finish coat.
CHEM-ROCK LT-45 is typically applied between 60-150 square feet per gallon per coat depending upon substrate and project requirements.
|Volume mix ratio
|2 to 1 (Resin to Hardener)
|750 – 900 CPS Typical
|Solids Content (%)
|80% (ASTM D-2697)
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)
|75-80 (Shore D)
|Compliant with all US Regulations
|45° – 75°F
|15 minutes @ 75° F
|Dry to Touch (recoat with compatible products)
|1 - 3 hours @ 75°F 4.5 hours @ 45°F
|2.5 – 5 hours @ 75°F 13.5 hours @ 45°F
|Open for light traffic
|24 hours @ 75°F
|1 Year in unopened units
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70%indoors.
- Do not allow to puddle during application.
- Allow each coat to dry to 'tack-free' prior to recoat.
- When applying at temperatures below 55°F it is best to "condition" the unopened buckets of material for several hours at the installation temperature prior to applying.
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- Whenever applying epoxy coatings in low temperature areas the likelihood of a blush reaction increases. We recommend broadcasting aggregate to rejection into the coating to help prevent blush. When applying the coating neat always check for blush prior to recoating.
Apply using brush, roller and squeegee ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F (24°C). Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-ROCK LT-45 is manufactured in clear (light straw color) and can be field pigmented using ROCKTRED colorants. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical preparation by means of a shotblasting or diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-2 profile followed by application of an appropriate ROCK-TRED primer or base system is the best and recommended installation method for CHEM-ROCK LT-45 applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED's Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.