Chem-Rock Ultra UV
- 1.5 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 3 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Unit in a single pail
- 3 Batch Kit - Three, 3 Gallon BAG-PAKTM Units packaged in 2 pails
- Cost effective, UV resistant, high build coating solution
- Excellent gloss retention
- Medium-low viscosity for easy application
- Water-Clear formulation for no color distortion over decorative finishes
- VOC compliant
- 100% solids epoxy formulation
- Extended working time
- "Sunscreen" characteristics protect less UV stable coatings applied below CHEM-ROCK UV by blocking UV rays
CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV is a NEW generation epoxy coating that exhibits superior color and gloss retention when compared with standard epoxy coatings. CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV is a WATER CLEAR, 2- component, 90% solids epoxy floor coating designed to protect decorative floor and walls systems from premature yellowing and loss of gloss due to moderate levels of UV exposure. CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV exhibits very good abrasion resistance and resistance to most common chemical and meets all USDA/FDA guidelines for use in federally inspected facilities.
CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV is a 90% solids epoxy floor coating that provides long lasting UV protection and non-yellowing characteristics as a CLEAR topcoat for most ROCK-TRED floor and wall coating systems. CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV provides a high build, easy flowing, cost-effective, UV resistant coating solution for use in indoor areas exposed to "moderate" levels of UV such as garages, offices or production areas with many windows. As a medium-low viscosity coating CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV makes an excellent neat coating, a "seed" coat to accept broadcast media or as a finish coat over aggregate or flake filled systems.
CHEM-ROCK ULTRA UV is typically applied between 60-130 square feet per gallon per coat depending upon substrate and project requirements. Do not apply thinner than 12 mils (133 square feet per gallon) or the coating may separate.
|WEIGHT mix ratio||.92 Resin : .58 Hardener|
|Viscosity (mixed)||600 - 800 CPS Typical|
|Solids Content (%)||90% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||75-85 (Shore D)|
|VOC||13 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps.||60° – 85° F|
|Gel Time||40 - 60 minutes @ 75° F|
|Dry to Touch (recoat with compatible products)||2 - 4 hours @ 75° F|
|Through Cure||6 - 9 hours @ 75° F|
|Open for light traffic||24 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors or outdoors when temperature will fall within 5 F0 of dew point during application or cure.
- Do not allow to puddle during application.
- Allow each coat to dry to 'tack-free' or clear prior to re-coat
- When re-coating, always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous coat.
- DO NOT PIGMENT THIS PRODUCT.
- Will achieve excellent adhesion directly to prepared concrete, but use of a ROCK-TRED primer coat is recommended to eliminate outgassing and for best overall finished film appearance.
- CHEM-ROCK UV is much more resistant to UV exposure than standard epoxy, but will be affected under long-term UV exposure. CHEM-ROCK UV is not recommended as an exterior coating.
- Do not apply below 600 F or in highly humid environments.
- Do not apply at less than 12 mils per coat.
- Mixing partial kits is not recommended. CHEM-ROCK UV Bag-PakTM units are filled with exact amounts of Resin and Hardener calibrated for optimum product performance. Mixing ratios are not a simple 2:1 volumetric ratio.
Apply using brush, roller and squeegee. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75° F (24° C). Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time and place of installation.
Color and Textures
CHEM-ROCK UV is manufactured in WATER CLEAR. DO NOT pigment this product. Most ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED's chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCKTRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of product [except as otherwise noted on the individual Product Data Sheet]. Whenever possible, remove existing coatings and/or flooring systems completely; if complete removal is not possible always perform tests to determine adhesion and compatibility to the existing flooring. Mechanical preparation by means of a shotblasting or diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-2 profile followed by application of an appropriate ROCK-TRED primer or base system is the best and recommended installation method for CHEM-ROCK MV applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers for 100% solids epoxy floor coating will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED's Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.
Having control of the product from development to raw materials to production means that Rock Tred offers a vastly superior product for the money. Dr. Steve Hodges, Product Technical Director discusses how all Rock Tred Products are put through a rigorous set of product quality tests and are supported all the way through application.
Times are tough for contractors these days. By doing business with Rock-Tred, you can put more cash towards your bottom line.