- 1 16lb bag of part C,
1 gal can of part A and part b
1 jar of colorant
- Highly resistant to thermal shock and elevated temperatures when applied over ROCK-CRETE SL or TR Systems
- Applies quickly and easily via squeegee and roller
- High abrasion resistance
- Broad spectrum chemical resistance
- Self-priming over bare concrete substrates
- Can be applied to freshly poured concrete after a minimum 7 day cure time
- Can be applied vertically
- Tolerates up to 6 lbs. per square foot per 24 hours MVTR (Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate
- Will tolerate damp substrates during installation
- Accelerator available for fast turn needs or for installations from 40° - 50°F
- Satin / low gloss finish
- VOC compliant
- Able to be colored using ROCK-TRED Universal Colorants
ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) is a high-solids, matte finish, cementitious urethane coating applied as a finish coat over ROCK-CRETE SL or TR Systems. ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) has a coefficient of expansion identical to the ROCK-CRETE SL and TR Systems and similar to that of concrete. Like the ROCK-CRETE SL and TR Systems, ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) will tolerate large temperature swings (thermal-shock) and service exposure to wet and dry temperatures of up to 220° F.
ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) is most often used as a heavy-duty topcoat over ROCK-CRETE TR and SL Systems to make them more durable and easier to clean. ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) can also be used as a primer to seal porous concrete substrates or as a durable stand-alone coating (two coats for stand- alone applications) where thermal-shock is NOT an issue.
ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) is to be applied by squeegee and roller. One kit will cover approximately 200 sq. ft. at 15 mils. Do not exceed 15 mils per coat to avoid outgassing bubbles.
|Mix design||2.0 Mixed Gallons of Urethane Liquids (Parts A & B) to One 16 lb. bag of DRESSING Aggregate ( Part C)|
|Viscosity (mixed)||520 CPS Typica|
|Solids Content (%)||95% (ASTM D-2697)|
|Hardness (ASTM D-2240)||80-90 (Shore D)|
|VOC||0 g/l (EPA method 24)|
|Application Temps.||50° – 75° F 40° – 50° F with Accelerator added|
|Working time||20 minutes @ 75° F|
|Recoat time||4-6 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to foot traffic||6-8 hours @ 75° F|
|‘Open’ to vehicle traffic||12-16 hours @ 75° F|
|Shelf Life||1 Year in unopened units|
Limitations & For Best Results
- ROCK-CRETE Dressing (V.2013) liquids WILL NOT perform correctly without the Part C / Dressing Aggregate added.
- Do not thin this product.
- Do not apply when Humidity exceeds 70% indoors.
- Allow each coat to dry to ‘tack-free’ prior to re-coat
- Always apply the next coat within 24 hours of completing the previous application.
- Do not apply this product thinner or thicker than the recommended spread rate / mil thickness.
- Vertical applications and applications directly to EASYCOVE may require 2 coats for hide.
- As an aromatic urethane ROCK-CRETE products are not completely color stability and may discolor and/or “chalk” with UV exposure. To prevent discoloration and chalking topcoat with a non-ROCK-CRETE finish coat. Call ROCK-TRED for specific details.
- For applications below 50° F PRECONDITION the material to 70° F prior to use
- All cementitious urethane products naturally produce carbon dioxide bubbles during the cure process. Broadcasting aggregate is recommended to help prevent blistering.
- Do not apply over highly porous substrates as blistering may occur.
Empty Part A Base into mixing vessel and add in up to one 1.5 Jar Universal Colorant. Drill mix on low speed with an oval whisk style mixing blade for 1 minute or until a homogenous color results. Add in Part B Hardener and continue to drill mix on low speed for an additional minute. Slowly add in Part C and up to 1 vial of ROCK-CRETE Accelerator while continuing to mix for an additional minute until mix is homogenous and lump free. Apply by squeegee and back roll. Broadcast PCA322 35/50 mesh (or larger) aggregate for texture and to break any bubbles formed during outgassing. ROCK-TRED product test data is based on environmental temperatures of 75°F. Viscosity and working time are always affected by temperatures above or below that mark. When applying product always consider the ambient, surface, and product temperature at the time of installation.
Color and Textures
ROCK-CRETE Dressing (V.2013) is manufactured in NATURAL and is able to be tinted in select colors using one 1.5 Unit (1/2 Bag-Pak) of ROCK-TRED UNIVERAL Colorant per mix. ROCK-TRED products are available in a wide range of optional topcoats and textures using an appropriate aggregate.
Always refer to ROCK-TRED’s chemical resistance chart for specific information on each product / system or contact ROCK-TRED directly.
DO NOT allow ROCK-TRED products to freeze. All ROCK-TRED products should be properly stored above the floor on pallets or shelves, and in an area that has a constant minimum temperature of 50°F.
Always apply ROCK-TRED products to a clean / sound substrate that is free of laitance, grease, oils, debris, and curing compounds. Concrete substrates should be cured for a minimum of 7 days prior to application of product. ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) is designed for application directly to bare concrete or directly over ROCK-CRETE SL or TR Systems. Mechanical preparation by means of a shot-blasting or diamond grinding machine to a minimum CSP-3 profile is the best and recommended preparation method for direct to concrete ROCK-CRETE DRESSING (V.2013) applications. If the substrate is not properly prepared and the appropriate profile is not achieved, failure of the product to adhere to the substrate may occur.
Application tools and equipment can be cleaned with soap and water immediately after use, or with solvent once the product has begun to cure.
Product containers will contain product residue and must be disposed of properly. Label warnings must be observed at all times. All containers must be disposed in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations.
Always read and acquaint yourself with ROCK-TRED’s Product Data Sheet, SDS [safety data sheet], and product labels for each individual product prior to mixing and prior to use. For further assistance, product questions, additional information and/or unexpected or unusual installation conditions – contact your Area Sales Representative or ROCK-TRED directly for recommendations. Kit components are pre-measured for optimal performance. Catalyzation errors due to incorrect mixing in the field voids product warranty.